It looks like a diploma, but works like a passport!
A high school diploma or the equivalent can make an important difference in your income – and in your life. Learn about the GED diploma and how you can pursue it.
Individuals who have not received a high school diploma or its equivalent have an opportunity to earn one. When you earn a GED diploma, you have also earned the opportunity to find a stable job with a good income. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, a person with a high school or GED diploma will earn $7,658 more annually than a non-high school graduate.
- GED preparation classes are free. Contact your local Adult Education Center (list) for information about classes.
- The GED diploma is recognized nationwide and is accepted by more than 95% of U.S. employers, colleges and universities.
- The GED diploma is a first step toward better jobs, further training and higher education.
- Two of every three people who take the GED test plan to obtain additional education.
- In college, GED graduates perform as well as traditional high school graduates.
- GED graduates are more likely to encourage their children to finish school.
- Many GED graduates say earning their diploma helped them to improve their self-esteem.
- The GED test measures many of the U.S. Department of Labor’s necessary workplace skills that are valued by employers.
- The GED test measures the skills and knowledge that traditional high school seniors should know and be able to do.
- Georgia GED graduates may be eligible to receive the $500 HOPE GED Grant to use toward postsecondary education in Georgia. Contact the Georgia Student Finance Commission for more information and to see if you would qualify.
The Georgia GED Testing Program is jointly administered by the GED Testing Service, LLC and the Technical College System of Georgia. The GED test is developed by the GED Testing Service, LLC.
Contact the Georgia GED Testing Program at 1-800-94 MY GED or 404-679-1645 with questions.
Frequently Asked Questions About GED Testing What is the GED test? The GED test is a four-subject high school equivalency test that measures skills required by high schools and requested by colleges and employers. The four subjects are Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning through Language Arts. Is there a fee to take the GED test? In Georgia,…
Request Official Transcripts and Diplomas 800-94-MY-GED If you earned your GED® Diploma in Georgia and need a duplicate or an Official Transcript of your GED Test scores sent to a school, employer, etc., please submit a request using one of the three options below. Official transcripts are $15 and diplomas are $15. Anyone other than the…