POSITION DESCRIPTION: Part-time position based on semester system
Adjunct faculty responsibilities are centered on teaching subject material, training students in laboratory procedures and skills, supervising and evaluating students in didactic classes and laboratory skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or related field;
- Current certification by ASCP or NCA;
- One year recent clinical experience;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and computer literacy skills.
- Experience in teaching
SALARY/BENEFITS: Pay is dependent on the course taught. There are no State Benefits
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: APPLY ONLINE ONLY @ www.chattahoocheetech.edu and select “Contact Us” then “CTC Jobs.” For a complete file, fill out an online application, upload cover letter, resume, and include three professional references’ contact information. Before a candidate is hired, a pre-employment criminal background investigation and employer/professional reference check will be conducted. Following screening, candidates may be asked to submit further documentation. If conditional offer of employment is made, applicant may be subject to drug and/or alcohol testing appropriate to the position.
RESPONSE DEADLINE: Until filled
ANTICIPATED EMPLOYMENT DATE: Semester Dates (January – May, 2018)
EMPLOYMENT POLICY: Chattahoochee Technical College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Inquiries related to the college’s accreditation by the Commission may be directed to SACSCOC, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or telephone 404-679-4500. Questions related to admissions and the policies, programs, and practices of Chattahoochee Technical College should be directed to the College.
Chattahoochee Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Chattahoochee Technical College Title IX Coordinator, Cheri Mattox-Carroll, 5198 Ross Road, Room 132N, Acworth, GA 30102, (770) 975-4152 or (770) 528-5805, or firstname.lastname@example.org or Chattahoochee Technical College Section 504 Coordinator, Mary Frances Bernard, 980 South Cobb Drive, Building G1106, Marietta, GA 30060, (770) 528-4529 or email@example.com.
A Unit of the Technical College System of Georgia.
POSITION TITLE: DEPARTMENT: Adjunct Instructor, Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBLE TO: Associate Dean of Health Sciences
JOB OBJECTIVES: Part-time position based on semester system. Adjunct faculty responsibilities are centered on preparing and teaching classes as assigned. Classes will be taught at the Marietta Campus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Instruction of classes on the days and times scheduled.
- Adjunct Instructor MUST deliver instruction of the college (TCSG) curriculum standards and competencies.
- Providing each student at the beginning of the course with:
- a comprehensive syllabus, course goals & objectives
- all applicable policies and procedures
- schedule of examinations
- method for evaluating student performance
- grading system and how the final grade is determined
- Prepare course materials.
- Periodically examining and providing each student with a progress report related to meeting the objectives of the course.
- Provide appropriate classroom management.
- Maintain accurate attendance and grade records.
- Report grades to Chattahoochee Technical College as prescribed. Enter final grades on Banner Web and return hard copies of grades and attendance by the due date.
- Knowledge and expertise in the appropriate instructional area
- Provides a model for students to follow (Clear professional values and beliefs)
- Ability to relate on a professional level with students, staff, peers, and administration
- Ability to encourage
- Critical thinking skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of all policies and procedures of the institution
- Organizational and planning skills
- Understanding of and need for diversity
JOB STANDARDS: As defined by the Technical College System of Georgia Terms and Conditions of Employment.
EQUIPMENT/DATABASES/SOFTWARE: Computer, copier, facsimile machine, calculator, other equipment as required.
To apply for this job please visit www.chattahoocheetech.edu.