Culinary Arts Degree Program Adjunct Instructor
Columbus Technical College is looking for a part-time adjunct instructor for our Culinary Arts Degree Program. This individual will be responsible for providing instruction to students, demonstrating the use of appropriate teaching techniques. This position will also require the effective use of oral and written communication skills, knowledge of current safety/culinary procedures in the field, and the use of appropriate testing and grading procedures. This is a part-time/non-exempt and will require weekend availability.
• Delivers effective individualized program and instruction to class members
• Ensures adherence to technical college and safety requirements in classrooms and labs by following established procedures
• Selects and obtains appropriate educational materials for courses
• Ensures consistency in syllabi, lesson plans, test, and other appropriate course work
• Monitors use of and maintains supplies, equipment and/or facilities for assigned program.
• Assists with recruiting and marketing activities
• Assists with registration and orientation functions
• Participates in standing or ad hoc committee meetings relating to curriculum development, extra curricula activities, and other technical college sponsored activities or programs as required
• Assists with the design and execution of special events, projects and activities as requested
• Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
• Associate’s degree in Culinary Arts or a closely related field from an accredited postsecondary institution.
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in the culinary field within the last 7 years.
• Current ServSafe Manager Certification
• Experience teaching in post-secondary education
• Experience as a baking/pastry chef
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
This position is available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online at www.columbustech.edu CTC Employment, and upload a cover letter, resume, and copy of official transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). Background check is required.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Patricia Hood, Executive Director of Human Resources and Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, 928 Manchester Expressway, Columbus, GA 31904 or 706-649-1883.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbustech.edu.