Dental Assisting Adjunct /Didactic Instructor
Columbus Technical College is seeking an individual to serve as a Part-time, adjunct/didactic instructor in our Dental Assisting Program. This individual will be responsible for general supervision, preparation of lesson plans and lab instruction within the dental clinic and classroom. This position also requires evaluation of student progress in attaining goals and objectives; attend staff development training, workshops, seminars, and conferences, and ensure all safety and security requirements are met in trainings. This position is part-time/non-exempt.
• Follow state standards in developing program and course outlines, goals and objectives
• Maintains and applies current knowledge of the program’s accrediting body, Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
• Develop syllabi, including all course requirements and assignments
• Maintains student records and attendance in an orderly manner
• Evaluate students’ progress in competency areas as well as attaining goals and objectives
• Develop teaching methods and maintain management procedures and documentation
• Meet with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
• Ensure safety and security requirements are met in the training areas
• Maintain program certification requirements, as appropriate
• Strong time management and organization skills
• Effective written and oral communication
• Maintains ethical standards, i.e. student confidentiality, honesty, HIPAA, OSHA standards, etc.
• Continues Education and professional development.
• Maintains positive interaction with other instructors and professional staff.
• Keen observation, supervision and evaluation skills
• General Computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, Blackboard)
• Other job related duties as assigned
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Dental Hygiene or Dental Assisting
• Two years’ or more experience as a Dental Assistant within the last five (5) years.
• Current certifications per industry standards in dental assisting/hygiene
• Proficient with current applications in computer technology
• One or more years’ experience teaching in a post-secondary education setting
Salary is commensurate with education and experience
Position is available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online at www.columbustech.edu CTC Employment, and upload a cover letter, resume, and a copy of official transcripts along with any other licensure/certification requirements at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered).Background check is required.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Patricia Hood, Executive Director of Human Resources and Title IX and Section 504 Coordinator, 928 Manchester Expressway, Columbus, GA 31904 or 706-649-1883.
To apply for this job please visit www.columbustech.edu.