The Technical College System of Georgia consists of 22 technical colleges with one university system technical division and 85 satellite campuses. The system provides a broad range of career opportunities through a variety of certificate, diploma, and associate degree programs; continuing education programs; and economic development programs.
Which college is right for you?
What programs are offered at TCSG colleges?
Will the HOPE Grant pay for a TCSG education? What other financial assistance is available?
Are TCSG colleges accredited?
All Technical College System of Georgia colleges are accredited. Accreditation earned by an institution of higher learning is important for several reasons, including:
- recognition for meeting significant academic standards;
- requirement for its students to receive federal financial aid, as outlined in Title IV of the Higher Education Act;
- ease of transferring credits to other accredited institutions.
Accreditation is earned through a process overseen by a regional or national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. All TCSG colleges are accredited to offer associate degrees, certificates and diplomas. Overseeing accreditation are:
- the Council on Occupational Education (COE), a national accreditation body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education, and/or
- the Commission on Colleges (COC) of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), a regional accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. COC accredits all activities of degree granting colleges.
Students interested in financial aid are advised to check with financial aid officers at individual colleges.COC and SACS accredit postsecondary institutions to offer degree and non-degree post-secondary instruction and make appropriate postsecondary awards (associate degrees, applied associate degrees and other postsecondary awards). They do not accredit separate educational programs. There are other non-regional or national agencies that can do this. However, the COE and COC institutional accreditation seal covers TCSG colleges' internal educational programs.